Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chicken Crumble Casserole ~ S

The icy wind is howling around my house putting me in the mood for some serious comfort food.  I meandered to my kitchen with ideas running through my head of what sounded good, mixing a bit of this and a bit of that.  This is what popped out of the oven about 45 minutes later...

Chicken Crumble Casserole ~ S

Base:
1.5 - 2 c. cooked, cubed chicken (enough to cover the bottom of dish)
1 c. chicken stock
4 oz. cream cheese, chunked up
salt, pepper, onion powder, & garlic powder
1 c. shredded cheddar

Top:
1/2 c. almond meal/flour
1/2 c. oat fiber
2 t. baking powder
2 pinches sea salt
3 T. butter
2 eggs
4 T. water

Preheat the oven to 350°. 

Spread cubed, cooked chicken into bottom of pan (I used chicken breast, but this is an S meal, so you can use whatever part of the chicken you want).  Pour chicken stock over chicken.  Drop the chunks of cream cheese around on top of chicken.  Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, & onion powder dusting the top.  Sprinkle cheddar cheese over seasonings.

In a separate bowl, use a fork to mash up the topping ingredients until they are pretty well mixed.  Chunk this mixture on the top of the casserole so the chunks are spread evenly over the top.  You don't need to smear this topping over the casserole.

Bake for about 30 minutes.



For those of you following Trim Healthy Mama, this is an S meal.  To learn more about THM, click here:  Trim Healthy Mama

7 comments:

  1. I have everything except oat fiber....can I replace it with something else or where can I get it/make it? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, did you try an alternative for the oat fiber? What was it and how did it work? I was planning this for a potluck tomorrow after church and realized I don't have oat fiber. :-(

      Delete
  2. Try using either more almond meal/flour or coconut flour. I buy my oat fiber at netrition.com, currently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited to try this recipe... gonna experiment with an alternative to the oat flour. Thanks for sharing it!

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing and I can't wait to make this tomorrow! Just finished cooking my chicken so it will go quick tomorrow:) However I was wondering, what size dish do you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone done this with veggies and what did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this for dinner tonight and it was very, very good. Definitely had that comfort food thing goin' on. Thank you for sharing your creation. Someone asked what size pan to use. I used my 10 x 10 Corning Ware pan and it worked perfectly, so I imagine you could use an 8 x 8 pan too.

    ReplyDelete